Sunday, April 18, 2010

Separation Anxiety



So I went out and bought supplies to help me with my kitchen window-in a pot on my square of concrete-garden. Of course I took a picture to commemorate it. Anyways, today's projects included separating my nine tomato plants, planting some new seeds I bought, and after I was mocked by my dad (yea dad, I heard haha) who saw the picture of my jalapenos, I also attempted to separate the jalapeno plants.
I have never separated plants before and I had no clue what I was doing. My husband tried to do it (I guess he didnt trust me and he wants them tomatoes) but I refused to let him do it all. After all, I am supposed to be learning so eventually he will have no fear that I will murder our potential harvest. I took on the tomatoes first, seeing as there were only nine of those. It was not too difficult. I separated them all out (ok I'm lying my husband helped too, but I swear I did a few) and put them into little containers. If they make it I will be giving them away. If not, lets just pretend it never happened :)



The picture at the top of the blog is one of the individual tomato plants. The jalapenos were next. Let me just say that the reason the jalapenos ended up in this condition was because of my history of botanical homicide. I was so scared nothing would live that I decided it was logical to just dump the whole bag of seeds into the pot that way at least SOMETHING would live. Lesson learned. I let my husband handle the task of separating them, all I did was dump them out  (after posing with them, of course. I love my dad and decided to give him one more laugh before I did it). After getting a good look we found out there was no way we would be able to separate all the individual plants and so he just kind of ripped apart a few at a time (uh, not sure thats gonna work). We'll see how tough them jalapenos are (c'mon dont be a sissy, you can do it).





Next it was time to plant some seeds (see cheesy picture of me and a seed below)


I decided to plant some organic bell peppers, some sunflowers (per the request of my oldest son), some lavender, marigolds, and sweet pea flowers. I am not certain that the sunflowers will grow but I'm just seeing what works. 

The hubs planted the bell peppers
He does comb his hair- just not on Sundays (just kidding I love ya babe)











I planted the rest. (lavender,marigolds,Sweet Pea)


I comb my hair, but only on Sundays
(ok I lied, I didnt even comb it today)









At the end of our gardening session this is what we are left with















I'm not sure what will make it, but I think it's a good start. Hopefully in the coming weeks we'll be picking some tomatoes or peppers to eat, wait....how long does it take them to grow? Guess I'll know soon enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment